In the Isle of Man, we are seeing a return to work in many sectors. Fprtunately, for us, that includes Podiatry. However, social distancing restrictions, PPE requirements and risk assessment is going to mean that our “new normal” may be some way from what we are used to.
At the Foot Health Clinic, we have been working hard to put in systems to minimise social interaction. These include but are not limited to
- Floor Markings to maintain 2 m distances
- Perspex Screens
- Spacing our appointments generously to minimise the number of people in the clinic at any one time
- Offering a limited schedule of treatments
Even before Covid-19, we prided ourselves on our approach to infection control by using as much single use equipment as possible to minimise infection as well as medical levels of instrument sterilisation. However, our commitment to the safety of you and our staff is going to require extra measures.
- Disposable Gloves during all treatments
- Disposable Aprons during all treatments
- Face masks – both therapist and client will wear masks
- Face visors/perspex screens where appropriate
There are lots of other measures we are taking to ensure that we can offer our services as safely as possible
- Contactless temperature assessment before treatment
- Extra time between clients to minimise cross over of clients and allow extra cleaning as per governement guidelines
- Limited diary slots to prevent too many attending the clinic at one time
- Limited waiting area space.
- Staff training specific to Covid – 19
- College of Podiatry (UK) Decision Tree. We will be adhering as much as possible to these guidelines in order to minimise customers attending uneccessarily.
Take Home Message.
We are going to be operating differently and that is going to require patience and support from our customers. We really do appreciate it.
Below is a list of things that we require of you, the customer and we would appreciate you reading this and adhering to the requests as much as possible. Thank You!
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN FACE MASK. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE YOU WITHOUT A MASK. THESE WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE FROM THE CLINIC SHOULD YOU FORGET
- Please try to attend by yourself. We want to avoid anyone waiting around as this will comprimise social distancing
- Please do not attend if you have any of the symptoms of Covid-19
- Please bring minimal possessions with you
- Please follow the instructions on the signs and that of the staff as much as possible
- Please bring your own refreshments
- Please maintain social distancing as much as possible whilst in the clinic
- NO CASH PAYMENTS. We will either use your stored card or you can swipe your card at the desk.
- Please attend AT your appointment time. If you arrive early for your appointment, please wait in your car if possible as we wish to minimise traffic in the waiting area.
- If you attend more than 5 mins late for your appointment, you may not been seen or the treatment will be shortened as this will eat in to the required time alloted for cleaning